Spanish Sparkling Villa Conchi Cava

Last month, I had a good chance to try a sparkling wine from Spain. It's not very often that I come across a good-looking sparkling wine that's priced under RM100. This bottle was selling at only RM78.30 so it got my attention. Judging by the packaging, it looked like a premium sparkling and, what the heck, I gotta try. 



See the gold labels and engravings? Not bad and I'd say it stands a competitive chance next to the big brands of champagne.

I brought the bottle for our family dinner to celebrate Father's Day last month. Since the men only welcome whiskey, brandy or beer into their drinking glasses, it was up to my sister-in-law and I to get this sparkling wine pouring. I actually enjoyed it! I just kept asking my husband to refill my glass. Feels a bit dry but suited our Chinese food that night which had some fish dishes and other meats. I can feel my face getting red, though, since I'm not (yet) used to having several wine glasses in a session. Wine tastings are fine but tastings normally serve wines at only tasting level, not drinking size up to 3/4 of the glass. Overall, this Villa Conchi Cava is an excellent sparkling wine choice which includes the ceremonial popping of the cork. The bottle presentation is also great which can make it a good celebration gift as well. 

The Villa Conchi Cava Brut Seleccion:
Bottle size - 750ml
Alcohol content - 11.5%

Tasting Notes from a wine expert - The Brut Seleccion is a generous bubbly, with great balance of aromas between fruits and toasted nuances. This is perfect as an aperitif as well as an accompaniment for salads, rice and light fish dishes. Best served at 6-8 degrees Celsius. 

Where to buy: www.winetalk.com.my 





No comments:

Post a Comment