Love cigar and whiskey? You gotta visit Whisky Tango Foxtrot!

My work-related adventures have brought me to one of the coolest places in Kuala Lumpur. Located at Jalan Kasah Damansara Heights, Whisky Tango Foxtrot is definitely a must-visit for those who enjoy cigars and/or whiskey. 



Upon entering the venue, you will be welcomed by a huge humidor showcasing a big collection of cigars and accessories. It is the biggest collection showcase in Asia, I was told. I've never seen a cigar collection in my life and I find this amazing. Honestly, I only see people smoking cigars in movies, those typical high-profile men who enjoy the most luxurious lifestyle. I am inclined to believe that only people who have reached a certain level of success or wealth can truly appreciate cigars. But as I've learned, there are a lot of people who enjoy having cigars once in a while, not just the extremely wealthy. I guess it's a similar general perception as with wines. People tend to think that wines are also for the rich. 

There are shelves and shelves of cigars. Some are sold in box sets but there are also individual ones. There are also very nice sets that are great gifts.


Cigar collection at Whisky Tango Foxtrot


Cigar collection at Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Highlighted in display were Macanudo cigars. 


I didn't know cigars are also aged. This set is aged for 8 years...


You'll also find great accessories for cigar lovers such as lighters, cigar scissors, cutters, cigar cases and more.
Cigar accessories

Lovely lighters...


High-quality cutters and scissors...

They also have an online store where you can easily purchase your favorite cigars.

The humidor/ entrance has this poster to welcome guests. I did a bit of research and as I found out, 'Keep Calm and Carry On' was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939, a few months before the beginning of the Second World War. It aimed to raise the morale of the British public in the event of wartime disaster. You'll actually see a lot of different phrases or statements using this concept around, whether in mall boutiques, mugs, tumblers, shirts and other things. In fact, this is almost everywhere nowadays. But there's a much more meaningful origin to this quote.  




After the humidor, you will reach the cozy, private lounge. It is adorned with black-and-white  posters, black leather chairs and dim lighting. The atmosphere is very masculine and  exclusive. Definitely a great place to hangout, enjoy cigars and whiskey while having serious or not-so-serious discussions. I can imagine my husband having whiskey here with his friends. 


On one side of the lounge, a wall of private humidors are lined up for members who want to store their cigar collections. For a certain fee, a member will enjoy a private humidor with his/her initials, 10% discount on all purchases and other exclusive privileges. 

At one end is the bar where you can enjoy your favorite whiskey, wines and some cocktails. I'm not a whiskey drinker but since they also serve my cocktails then it's great for me...


There are also 2 private rooms for guests or members who would prefer to have a more private area. 

I have great respect for places that pay good attention in making their washroom better than just its function. And I'd say WTF (that's Whisky Tango Foxtrot, no pun intended) impressed me. I've never seen any bar or restaurant using a great product such as Aesop Aromatique for a hand wash. (Well, the ex-skincare brand manager in me can't help but notice...)



And aside from that, there is also a set of Ralph Lauren perfumes for guests to use. How impressive.



Whisky Tango Foxtrot is definitely THE place for cigar and whiskey aficionados. The service is damn good, the cigar showcase is the biggest in the country (and in Asia), and the ambience is something you won't get anywhere else. It's great for anyone who wants to enjoy and have a good time while having some puffs and drinks. Though I'm not a cigar or whiskey fan, I agree that this is a great place to hangout or spend an evening with friends. 

WTF is located at 2nd floor, 128B Jalan Kasah, Damansara Heights, KL, Malaysia. 

Visit www.whiskytangofoxtrot.my or call +60320112056 for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment